5. DayZ Standalone (steam) – In a apocalyptic zombie world, surviving is always the winning element in Dayz SA. The search for food, warmth, medicine, tools, weapons, health, shelter and survivors can be your friend or your fall.
4. The Last of US Remastered (PS4)- Third person survival horror action in post apocalyptic United States. originally available for the PS3 and remastered for the PS4.
3. Silent Hill (psx) – A classic survival horror with a very dark and gloomy atmosphere. Tedious encounters and exploration but scary in a unknown paranoia way.
2. Resident Evil (1996) – This was a very tough one to decide when up against Resident Evil 2 (psx) but i had to give to the one that started the Resident Evil series. How much action and replay has been put through this fine game.
The original PSX version was a great addition to the Playstation library but then arrived Resident Evil HD Remaster. REHD Remaster was released worldwide for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One in 2015. The HD version supports 5.1 surround sound as well as a resolution of 1080p and a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9.
Maybe Resident Evil 2 should have been number 2 in this list. Remember the RE2 demo disk? How much fun have you had replayiing that demo? It was a blast making it to the police station over and over. Then the date arrived when the full game was released and it was fantastic. A remaster version is in the works too.
1. Resident Evil 4 (PS2) – Today available in HD on Windows PC steam and HD consoles. This tops our list in survival horror gaming and i must point out that i hate QTEs (quick time events) with a passion but somehow they are worth it in RE4. Having many versions of the game from PS2, PS3/PS4 HD and steam PC HD but I think my favorite version is the original Windows PC modded version with upgraded HD textures, re-skins, rearranged enemies and so much more.
It can’t be denied that Resident Evil 4 is also included across the internet best games of all time lists.